Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Linen Closet Meltdown

Yes I said it! I had a linen closet meltdown, mind you I don't even have a ton of linens! 
The kids were screaming, hitting each other over the head, crying, toys were flying, and I was folding fitted sheets. Folding fitted sheets is one of my least favorite things in the world. 
I would rather clean toilets, scrub floors with a toothbrush, you get the point! 
So it took me forever to get through my closet. 

But it's done now and I've even been able to change the sheets without searching for a pillowcase or the matching sets!! Woohoo!! 

Before:






During:
Baby Blankets, not even all of them because I have about 15 of my daughters blankets in my sewing room for a project I'm working on. 

Beach Blankets and Throws

Everything else: 


Oh and I remembered that my husband started putting crib sized sheets in my daughters dresser

When she saw me taking a picture she immediately ran over and said
 "No mommy no pictures it's a mess!!"  and started shutting the drawer! 


After:

The kids sheets and pillow cases go here now

The blankets to the left of the basket belong to my son, the blankets on the right are my daughter's
That's my favorite shelf! Haha! 


Sheets:


The whole closet!! 
Those table linens on the bottom will eventually be moved downstairs near the dining table but for now they have their own shelf. 


This is my purge pile 
oh this too...
it's the quilt we got for our wedding but I put it in the dryer and now its fraying
 I know! HANG DRY!! 
I secretly want a girly shabby chic bedspread though 
so if we have no comforter I will have to go get a new one right? hee hee! 

There you have it!! My clean linen closet. 



Linking to:


Photobucket

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks fantastic!

Sorry to hear about your meltdown. For what it's worth, I've been there {a lot!}. ;)

Jenna said...

I too want the shabby chic bedding... I've been dreaming about it for a few YEARS now, just haven't done it because it doesn't seem fair to make my husband sleep in a bed with little flowers and pastel colors.

Naomi said...

Jenna- My husband is very vocal about not wanting "girly" bedding!! I put a white duvet on our bed, mostly because it had a heavy down in it and it was freezing but he objected immediately! I hope that someday you (and I) get that shabby chic girly bedding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...