Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 8- Coat Closet aka the shoe closet

Wow did this area need help! More help than I thought! 

Here are my before shots
My husbands suits, and a thrown in shirt, it's not even on a hanger! 
The bat we took away from our son because he thinks it's to hit everything! 
 We always have a hard time trying to find matching shoes. Oh and there were a ton of shoes in here that didn't even fit the kids! Several sizes too small! 



After: 
I am making a hanging shoe thing for the kids so it's easier to put away. My daughter had a hard time balancing the shoes on this shoe rack. 

Games for the adults are to the left, kids in the middle and playdoh and Mr. Potato Head to the right

Put suits upstairs, took out some of the jackets that were too small for the kids and put in my donate pile. 

So pretty! 






Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! I love those little leopard flats!

Catherine said...

Incredible makeover! It's amazing the difference a shoe rack can make, but my little guys have similar troubles putting their shoes on one. I got them a shoe box like this:
http://www.target.com/ClosetMaid-15-Unit-Organizer-Espresso/dp/B002IPG46Y/ref=sc_qi_detaillink

It's worked really well - they just slip 'em in.

Beth's Blog said...

wow! it looks so good. Great job!

Robyn said...

You did a great jog! You must live in a warm area from the lack of coats! Can you say I'm Jealous as its 16 here and snow on the way!

Naomi said...

Paige...my daughter has an undeniable love for shoes and has since she could walk!
Catherine- I like that shoe organizer! Thanks for the tip!
Beth- Thank you!
Robyn- Yeah I'm in California! Last night it was 28 degrees. Of course we are weather wimps so to me that is FREEZING!!! haha! Oh and the majority of our coats were in the laundry so the closet is almost full of jackets again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...